Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ask And You Shall Receive

I'm wrestling this right now. I'm asking for answers and other things that I believe I will receive, so out of a pure heart shouldn't I get them? My prayers are not selfish, I pray about my life more than I ought but I'm not asking for a new car or gratuitous amount of money. right now there are three things I want, not in excess but because my heart aches for the excitement and promise they will bring. I just want tools to be able to budget my money and stick with it, a new job that i can like and be good at, and the last I'm even embarrassed to mention... I pray for my future husband daily and I want him now.
Maybe the the last one is satan tempting me with a twist on the word that I want to hear but it doesn't change the fact that I've wanted this for some time. Not just a relationship with any guy but "the one." And lately my awareness of this has been heightened due to the fact that I live alone (I haven't seen my roommate in over a week.) But maybe with looking for a new job my lack can be forgotten and I can focus the rest of my attention on learning God's heart. I'm just really confused whether my own selfish ambition is telling me this or that there's a reason I read this passage at this time in my life. "Ask and you shall receive" I hope so.

No comments: